Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Subscribe in FeedLounge Subscribe in Bloglines






Monday, March 06, 2006

Delibrately Different

Did you know: Pepsi derives its name from dyspepsia, an intestinal ailment.  Not the actual ailment itself but from the treatment of the ailment.  I found this really interesting because I crave pepsi when I have an upset stomach! 
Want to find out where other places get their names from?  Visit: http://deliberately-different.blogspot.com/2006/02/how-they-named-companies.html
They have companies listed from A to Z and give great descriptions of exactly how each came up with their name and why.
I don't know why I find this stuff so fascinating but I do. 
You can find out how companies like Micron, HP, Apple computer and even Volvo got their names.  By the way.. the Volvo description is quite funny when you first read it! 
Once you get to the end of the list don't stop!  Take a look at the comments.  A lot of readers have added their own descriptions of how other companies got their names as well.  Plus some were even kind enough to throw in corrections.  Take from it what you will but it is fun reading!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , , , , ,
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Delibrately Different"

 

post a comment